Radiesse Lets Smile Lines Know They Aren’t a Laughing Matter
Aging is like the rants you see from some of these political talk show hosts on TV — ongoing and unrelenting. With every passing year after your reach the age of 20, your collagen production drops by one additional percentage point. Over 20 or 30 years that is a serious decrease in collagen production. This decrease makes it easy for lines to form on certain areas of your face. The areas around the nose and mouth are particularly susceptible. Hello, smile and marionette lines.
At Deschutes, we help you take the fight to those wrinkles with Radiesse volumizing filler.
You’ve probably heard of Juvederm and Perlane, Restylane and Botox. But you may not know about Radiesse. Radiesse is a synthetic filler that provides long-lasting relief from the smile and marionette lines, and other problems resulting from volume loss.
How does Radiesse work?
Fillers such as Restylane are hyaluronic acid fillers (where hyaluronic acid binds with water molecules to plump and hydrate the skin); Radiesse is different. It is comprised of calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres suspended in an aqueous gel carrier.
Radiesse addresses volume issues in two ways, with both immediate and long-term results. First, the aqueous gel instantly fills the area when injected beneath a crease or wrinkle. From there, the hydroxylapatite microspheres stimulate the body to produce new collagen in the injection area. This occurs in the weeks following your injection, and the results last for up to 18 months. So, while most fillers lose their function once the body absorbs them, Radiesse, because it initiates the building of new collagen, continues to show its effects even after the microspheres and gel are absorbed.
What does it work on?
Radiesse is a volumizing filler, meaning it is effective for replacing volume and for deeper wrinkles such as those around the mouth. These are the issues we address with Radiesse at Deschutes:
- Smile lines — Also known as nasolabial folds, these lines run from the nose down to the corners of the mouth. They are the result of decreasing facial volume and skin elasticity that comes with aging. These creases can be some of the deepest on the entire human body.
- Marionette lines — Leave these lines that run straight downward from the corners of your mouth to ventriloquist dummies! These also result from decreasing volume.
- Corners of the mouth — Also known as oral commissures, the corners of your mouth can turn downward as you age and lose volume below the mouth. This phenomenon can make you look as if you’re frowning or mad.
- Pre-jowl area — The areas on each side of the chin, the pre-jowl sulcus, can hollow out due to sagging in other areas of the lower face.
- Chin wrinkles — Chin wrinkles form horizontally across the chin and can be distracting to a person talking to you. Volume loss in the lower face again is the culprit.
Do you want to turn up the volume with Radiesse before we head into the glorious outdoor days of summer in Bend? Call us at Deschutes, (541) 330-0900, to make an appointment.