More and more women are now resorting to Botox treatments as aging starts to show its effects on their faces. It is one of the most popular cosmetic treatments today since it is non-invasive and provides only little to no downtime.
After getting your Botox treatment, you will most likely be curious on happens after you go out of the treatment facility. Here are some post-care instructions your doctor will give you:
- Avoid touching the area of your skin where Botox was administered. Rubbing or massaging the area within 24 hours after treatment could spread the solution to other unintended places in your face.
- Avoid engaging in strenuous physical exercises and activities.
- Avoid smoking and consuming large quantities of alcohol.
- For the first 24 hours, getting facials, peels, or any other facial treatment is prohibited.
- Blood thinning medications may disrupt your recovery. Tell your doctor about the medications you are currently taking so you will be given proper advice.
- Bruising after Botox is normal, yet you can alleviate the symptoms by using arnica or a topical Vitamin K. Concealers with green or yellow hue can also cover up brusing.
- If you are unsatisfied with the outcome of your Botox treatment, you can always ask your doctor for a touch-up session to achieve the look that you want.
If you are interested in getting Botox, Deschutes Dermatology Center is the place to be. Call us today at 541-330-0900 to book an appointment with us.