Women, or even men, love to beautify their ears by wearing nice earrings and other accessories. However, some of these earrings, especially the dangling ones, cause the ears to pull and snag downwards. Not only will this damage the integrity of the ear by making it look undesirable, it could also tear the earlobes eventually.
The good thing is that a split earlobe can be repaired. Earlobe repair is a simple and painless procedure that can be done at your doctor’s office. Earlobe repair makes it possible for you to wear your favorite earrings again. But to ensure proper healing of your newly repaired earlobe, you have to take note of the post-operative instructions provided by your doctor, which may include the following:
- Keep the wound dressings dry and intact right after surgery until the morning after where you will return to your doctor for the removal of the sutures.
- Take pain medications as prescribed and as needed in case of any discomfort or pain. It is advised to take pain medications with food as this helps reduce the nausea you will experience.
- Take the antibiotics prescribed by your doctor the moment you get home from surgery. Also, take one at bedtime as you may experience low-grade fever for one to two days following surgery.
- Vitamin C helps promote healing after surgery.
- Elevate the head of your bead as you sleep using two to three pillows for a week following surgery. Be careful not to do activities that require bending or lifting objects from the floor.
If you have a split or damaged earlobe and want it repaired, get in touch with us here at Deschutes Dermatology Center right away by calling 541-330-0900. We look forward to your visit!